18. The abundance of nerve endings in the anal region and rectum can make anal sex pleasurable for men or women. The internal and external sphincter muscles control the opening and closing of the anus facilitate pleasure or pain during anal sex.
17. Research indicates that anal sex occurs significantly less frequently than other sexual behaviors, but its taboo nature makes it appealing to people of ALL sexual orientations.
16. There are many nerve endings around the anus which means it’s very sensitive to touch (men have those nerve endings, too). Stimulation feels good and can give intense pleasure.
15. NEVER go from anus to fanny!…without giving the penis (finger or toy) a good wash and/or changing the condom- the bacteria living around the anus can cause vaginal infections.
14. The risk of getting an STD when you have anal sex is very high. Because the anus doesn’t have any natural lubrication, it’s very likely that you can get small tears around it when having anal sex if you don’t use enough lubricant.
13. Some claim that anal sex is only for homosexuals. This is NOT true! Anybody can have anal sex…and love it.
12. Once you’ve been for a..number 2 shall we say? The rectum is left empty and pretty much clean until the next load of waste comes along.
11. Rimming is a slang term for oral-anal sex.
10. Men have something called the prostate gland, which can be stimulated through anal sex. Girls do not have prostate glands, but their rectal area (around the anus) is still sensitive.
9. Like other kinds of penetrative sex, anal sex can be painful if your body isn’t ready for it. It is crucial to go slowly, listen to your body, and use LOTS of lube.
8. Anal sex has been an accepted sexual practice for centuries.
7. In some cultures, women engage in anal sex with their male partners for sexual pleasure whilst protecting their virginity.
6. Though it appears small and tight, the anus it is capable of stretching enough to accommodate a finger, toy or any size penis.
5. 43% of women have tried Anal Sex.
4. Some religions see anal sex, masturbation and oral sex as non-procreative sexual practices and therefore an ‘unnatural sin’ (Ooooo Fanny’s so going to hell).
3. By 1960, all U.S. states had laws in place against ‘sodomy’. Though since then most have repealed them.
2. 13 US States still have laws against anal sex between gay and hetero couples (killjoys much?), though not all enforce them.
1. Anal bleaching is the process of lightening the color of the skin around the anus. It is done for cosmetic purposes (mainly pornstars), to make the color of the anus more uniform with the surrounding area. Some treatments are applied in a salon by a cosmetic technician and others are sold as cream that can be applied domestically.